Pages

Tuesday 9 July 2013

Movie Review : The Lone Ranger

Another day where we wondered what to do and decided to just let's watch a movie although it was quite lovely Tuesday we spent. Sometimes, I felt so good when I didn't need to turn on my laptop for work and had nothing bothers my mind, free! I do have deadlines to catch but somehow, I happened to just slowing it down and try to relax. Of course, I had great weekends, great Monday to start with and had pleasant Tuesday but well, I just hope, I could have some "free" days with no tension :)


Let's do some reviewing! THE LONE RANGER is the latest movie we watched and we got hooked by their trailer. Lower expectations because often when the trailers are awesome, the movie would be just alright or crap. What we love about this movie is on how the director, Gore Verbinski, brought out the sceneries and the cowboy styles like once we used to know back in childhood! The Lone Ranger is light-hearted action movie yet very entertaining and funny. However, the duration is too long. The Lone Ranger is more like Shanghai Noon's type of movie but this one is just the coolest version! I rated this enjoyable movie 7.5/10 as it's worth for the penny and at least he brought the traditional cowboy story like the ones we remembered back in childhood! 
Johnny Deep portrays Tonto excellently although in my opinion, Armie Hammer, John Reid, should be portrayed with someone like Hugh Jackman, Gerald Butler or even Shia LaBeouf would had done it better. And oh, the white horse (silver, he named it) is just awesome and those cowboy scenes made you wanted to ride the horse and just be a cowboy for a day! ha-ha-ha... The actions aren't too brutal, quite light actions.

Some of my friends said The Lone Ranger is not that good or perhaps, when you saw in IMDB, their rating is only around 6. But, personally, I warned you that the movie have very light actions! it keeps you entertain, but it wouldn't made you go "wow". The Lone Ranger is really family movie and fun to watch, at least a good choice to spend some quality time with. And as for us, we enjoyed it, like it, but not too love it, but won't mind to watch it twice sometimes later but not in cinema :)


No comments:

Post a Comment