Pages

Tuesday 23 July 2013

Quick Gateway : Sentul - Part 1

I have been trying to write few lines for this post but I couldn't even stayed for more than few seconds. Done with few movies and I remembered the rule of "two minutes" so let's try to focus into simple writings for just TWO minutes. Anyway, the story is my best friend came from Singapore to attend her best friend's wedding, and she got one day free to spend with. There were many places I wanted to bring her but lately, the weather in Jakarta was just being an ass! It could either raining most of the day and night or terribly sunny but thank GOD for this one day "awesome gateway" the weather was so sunny, humid and definitely worth for the journey. Since my driver is on fasting, I decided to drive from Jakarta - Bogor and I was so lucky the traffic was just smooth enough. But knowing I didn't have enough hours to sleep, so I drove slowly (well not too slow but slower than the usual) and definitely was super cranky, talk a lot about some unimportant things that I had no idea what even. Yes, often whenever I'm going for traveling, I wouldn't be able to sleep the day before and usually only slept the maximum of 4 hours only. 

(OMG It's more than two minutes and I'm still continue writing). Before we went to Bogor, we stopped first at Sentul for quick food.  Sentul is actually a very small city that is under-developed; the place is still full of trees and lately, they are doing on heavy promotions for this city that they are going to make the city more alive, full of villas and in other way around become the preference of weekend destination. I went there few months back with mom, and really love the place and you can get the feeling of NOT living in the city! I don't know whether it's worth for a visit or not but if you went to the right people, even a simple place would be very entertaining! 

Poor mr. Gwumpieh and my driver, they look definitly tired and exhausted and me and ika was so starving. The famous thing about Sentul is this Ah Pong (Floating Market) and the beautiful blue mosque right crossed it. There are few activities you could have done in the weekend because on the weekdays, the market itself is not functional well enough. We were there with no floating market, very sunny weather but their park is really fun to be explored. They have these some scientific games but sadly, some games are either closed or broken. The statues are also look funny and do spend some time to mess around with those games. 












One thing that we never thought that we would be spent so much hours at this small city! Sentul is very relaxing than Bogor/Puncak apart from the weather. But hey, our journey didn't stop here. While I was driving and on the way to Bogor by following the signage (getting through small roads), we are lost or maybe not. We saw ( i actually) the sign with the word "Air Terjun" (Waterfall) written and decided to pay a visit for a while before heading to Bogor. Check the PART II version to see more photos which even better than this one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment