Pages

Tuesday 21 August 2012

32 Days Exhibition : Day 8

It becomes a habit that I started my morning drinking Grumpy's yummiest milk tea and it did make me happy - totally brighten my day. After one week, I can feel that the body is just breaking slowly, starting with the random flu and constantly needing more hours to sleep! Goodness me, bunch of people came again to my booth and they were asking how much our furniture costs which its get into my nerves a lot! feel like just putting the "NO-SALE" sign in the chair but I guess, it's quite rude, hey? I mean there's a "photo booth" sign yet people kept pushing us to sell. I wonder, how much great money can we get from selling the furniture instead of the photo-booth? ha-ha-ha-ha! Great job to the decorators, love on how they chose the vintage classy kinds but not really for what its offers. I feel it's better to just buy them rather than to pay for the rent as the price wont be that much different (we predicted =p)

As, I also park my car all the time almost the same place where our entrance is actually get out from Ten-Ten, restaurant, I decided to try. Out of big curiosity, I'm somehow regretting it. I ordered "Chicken Katsu with Curry" and oh deary dear - in a big disappointment that their curry is actually using "powder" rather than spice and call me mean but  I wrote in their comment box that DO NOT use Curry powder or else the taste would be great. I don't know why am I being too picky for food.


Anyway I knew today is just going to be a perfect day as even before we were fully opened our stands, there is this kind lady and friendly man who were asking about the photo-booth and that's how the day started with a big smile in our faces! And the rest of the day is an epic, friends and potential clients are endless kept coming to our booth until 9 pm and we were happy but exhausted.

Throughout the whole day, I kept listening to the same old song and it's called "Home" from Philip Philips, the American Idol's winner and totally in love. I do listen to it a lot but after I turned it so loud in my headset for the first time, I ended up loving it! And guess what make me in love with it even more? As I'm listening to this song, I'm seeing his grumpy face and feeling so blessed to have him around.

While I was writing this blog, I remembered something generous I did few days before EID and that was charity. There's this rubbish picker family in my area whom I adored. You can see how happy they are together, even the kids have to sleep in the cart while the parents in the street. Often, I saw one of the kids were studying inside of the cart while the parents pushing it! It touches my heart and indeed, they deserve every penny I gave to them. And the "chuckles" of their kids kept running in my mind whenever I remembered them. So I gave the money to the father around 11 pm and after he opened, the kids saw and they were overjoyed. I even feel like capturing their family photo now and print it; how wonderful it would be.

The lesson I learnt today : there are many moments when the LORD make your day is just PERFECT and this kind of day is the moment where you need to share your love and joy even more. Remembering what I had to go through yesterday with that client, I'm sure today is HIS rewards toward me being a good girl.



No comments:

Post a Comment