Pages

Monday 20 August 2012

32 Days Exhibition : Day 7


When I wrote the number "7", i thought i was dreaming (sarcastic way of saying :p)! OMG, I thought we had been around for 2 weeks or even more knowing some days went very slow. Anyway, the mall is opened and  i decided to drive. My sweetest Mr. Grumpy made me his secret tea recipe and goodness me, i wish he knew how happy i was! i really love his tea and really drinking tea in the morning is what I love to do before going to work. I'm not a coffee lover, not that I don't like it , I do enjoy drinking it, but coffee never was in my 1st choice of beverage even my body is freezing. The rumor says drinking coffee makes you awake all night but even i drank them at night, I still able to sleep like usual LOL! Oh, I'm a fast sleeper, leave me for 5 minutes and often, in less than 5 minutes, you can hear me singing some sexy tunes ;)

I spent my whole time today, sitting in front of the laptop, sent email, edited photos rather greeting clients and i found a lot of joy in doing so! It felt good and proud of him that nowadays, he plays a role as marketing rather than owner and the way he pursue the people have changed into a lot friendlier ways. It's good for his big improvement and i can rely on him as marketing now. Previously, he acted too "snob" as a marketing, the way he presented himself, the way he talked sound really too proudy and its such a turn off. I know, he shows people how confidence he is but often, he forgets that people like "soft approaching". At least with the Indonesians, you can not just be so over-confident.

One experience I never forgotten as marketing happened today. Have you ever been in a mall, for the same place, doing an exhibition with 3 different music playing? This is what happened with us, there's a loud music comes from Kids station, one comes from the carousel, and the management also playing the music too and often its hard to concentrate. The traffic is heavily noisy, the train noises, 3 different music is playing (+ I'm also using headset to divert my mind), kids screaming and a client came. So she came to our booth and I swore I heard she said " photo-booth", instead "photo book". Isn't photo book called album and how many people called Album as photo-book ? So I explained her about the photo-booth and she was actually angry with me and yelled "BOOK" not booth but not in a proper way. Instead of smiling and accepting my apology, she was yelling at me even more as if we were having exhibition at the market while I kept apologizing. 

Then she asked me "how long this paper last for?" I said "around 1 or 2 years or even more", then she said "EXACTLY when", I said  "I don't know much about paper, let me give to my fiance for more details". Honestly, how can we know "HOW LONG EXACTLY" the album last for because it's all depending on how she takes care of the albums, right? The truth, I'm pissed, it hurts, I wanted to yell to her but I decided to just continue what I'm doing (sending mail) and I'm glad I did that.

This is my worst experience as a marketing so far but I thank the LORD that I could controlled my anger knowing I'm very short-temper person. Today, bunch of friends came also and we felt so honored - they were constantly kept coming to our booth for quick greeting and some brought us food too! We really felt so much love from so many unexpected lovely people even family too. The LORD is glorious.

I'm not sure what I learnt about today apart from had bad experience, but apart from that, today's life is great! Fully busy with works (emails), serving clients, shared lots of laughter with friends , and the most our friends give their warmest blessings toward us! Thank you so much and the best tips to have a great day is to FORGET the bad and REMEMBER the goods!


No comments:

Post a Comment