Pages

Saturday 1 September 2012

32 Days Exhibition : Day 19

So today, we bid goodbye to our vintage photo-booth and totally we changed the display into more gallery kinds. Poor Mr. Grumpy who had to stay up in the morning (until 4 am) to fix the things and its made me felt so guilty. He sent met this long message in the morning and said "be careful & not to be shocked with the new look". I also sent the message to Ferdinand too and when both of us got there at the same time, we opened the white curtain slowly , slowly and I squeezed his arms! I was in total shocked, me and Ferdinand had no words to say but I knew inside of us the first word came out in our brain is " W T F  " . But we ignored, continued to clean the rest of the messes He made.

We were in a big disappointment with this new vendor and for what its offered, we could made it in 3/4 from the price they offered but anyway, I tried to look the positive sides. We tidy the chair, table and everything and made it look nicer of course. This is how it looks now (somehow)


Oh! today my mom is being the most adorable woman on earth as she brought food for three of us! we were starving while waiting for my driver to come and bring our lunch. 3 of us were just too lazy to do anything, seriously hungry! In this Saturday, the traffic is slow, quite unusual though. But Praised the LORD for HIS GRACE, we got some interested clients and got someone who made a deal too. Slow traffic but great income and may our schedules will be totally full until the end of the year :-)

And we had cheap but awesome food outside of the mall and the Satay is just too good that each of us ordered 10 sticks with NO sharing! Noodle with meatballs and satays are our dinner menu and gosh, cheap and best (but not the burping at night :p)

There's a " client" who came over the booth (I'm sure its a price-checker) and at first she was asking normal thing but afterwards she asked too much details. The funny thing is that she asked "what camera are you using"?, but the way she asked those questions are with high curiosity. Anyway, I'm able to turn her down ha-ha-ha-ha! I told her : I'm using 5D MKII, however, lately, we are using digital camera, NEX-7 and her face from being eager to just "eh?" ha-ha-ha! 

She is more like being sent by her closest friend or husband to ask stuff about us, our price list, our gears because if she does know about photography, then she shouldn't be amazed by the quality NEX-7 produces anyway. I know there are bunch of price-checkers around and often its' a friend's sent them and we do know which one is price-checkers. and YES, we differentiate the way we greet, explain and respond to the price-checkers. I'm sure other photography vendor does it too :-)

I don't know what i learn about today from exhibition apart from well, if you, as a price checker being told by your friends/husband to check about other photography services in details, say NO! unless they are coming along with you. Why? because we know and please, stop checking people's price, everyone has their own "price-value" on how they want to be valued and on how they want others to value them. I have no problem when this price checkers check in weekdays but in the weekends, it's really just annoying because a lot of time, the traffic is too hectic and you know its just a waste :)

No comments:

Post a Comment