Pages

Thursday 20 September 2012

Election makes the road Smooth LOL!

Hello Public holiday as today is the 2nd round (final) election for our Governor in Jakarta. I woke up in the morning with no excitement whatsoever and wish I didn't vote. Everyone was waiting so eagerly for this day and it's like the whole Jakarta has already made their choice and telling everyone who they are going to vote. So I'm not sure what's so hype about it when you already know who will be the winner, right? he-he-he-he!

Okay, the truth, what i felt its that it's more like "religion and racism" war rather than individual (discrimination issues arise a lot). I'm not even sure actually, what are the new governor's plans for our lovely Jakarta for the next 5 years. Did anyone who vote for him knows? or it's just their ads campaign of bringing "New Jakarta" just happens to influence them? Btw, the new governor's ads campaign is really wow! whoever got the idea behind of it, I salute them. This square checkers colors, shirt, and slogan became trend, seriously so bright! I mean i don't know but it's really creative that even everyone were buying their t-shirt! 

Why I have no excitement? One simple reason : no one can change Jakarta in 5 years to be perfect and this is what I see in society's eyes. They have so much faith, so much strong believe that there will be someone who can change Jakarta in 5 years from crap to awesome. Society's expectation is too high, too idealists.  Either I'm an idiot or have no sense of believing but, even the smartest person on earth never can do that unless we are living in a communist country. I remember, 5 years ago, how much people praised, adored and like totally gone ga-ga-ga with the ex governor and now, what they did is mock him around. Yes, he did wrong but human natures, they forget that once, few years back, they were under his spells but once the truth revealed about his negative sides, people ditched him just like that and loathed him. What I'm trying to say : give a little respect despite of the ex governor did too many wrong things, but remember everyone deserved to be forgiven. And everyone in the government do corruption even in the most developing countries, don't be too naive. But some knows their limit while others are just so tempted and become too greedy. 

With this new governor, all i want is just less traffic and make Jakarta is better not perfect, just at least big improvement in traffic jam as it's getting worst and worst. Actually, I'm too tired with governors giving bunch of great news but ended with so much disappointments. It's better to just be simple! deliver what you're sure off with the team capabilities, not beautiful promises to impress the society. and the truth, so far, I haven't found this kind of governor yet but everyone deserve a chance to make Jakarta better of course and if they couldn't make it, APPRECIATE their 5 years efforts! 

As for me and grumpy, we were overwhelmed by the traffic as the road was just too smooth! we had such an hectic day today, full of meetings that all i was hoping, we could came right on time to every places which we did (yey!). Praised the LORD for the awesome deals and once again, we were shaken by the fact that our bradding has far beyond recognized in society more than we knew. People loves our design, appreciate our ideas and this is all because of the LORD who gave us talents and opportunities too! Praised HIM :-)

The funny thing happened today was that, we left our driver in the mall. I tried to call & SMS him even car call him but he didn't hear. We were waiting for like 30 minutes while we had to be in a rush for 2 meetings where the timing was just next to each other. and gosh! I made the right decision by left him in the mall (hoping the messages got delivered quicker) and went to the client's house with taxi ha-ha-ha! after we finished meeting with the client, all the messages were delivered and I told him to go right away to the mall where we had to meet another client. 

And wow! I'm so proud of myself that I noticed my car right in front of our taxi and i was too overjoyed! Seriously, my bag where all the stuff were there even my shoes LOL! The red light in that area is a bit long, so we managed to move and gosh, what a heaven! Our taxi driver is horrible! The taxi was stinky but what worst he always took the wrong way and whatever i told, he ignored (i'm pretty sure he pretends knowing My voice is loud LOL)

Overall, what an awesome perfect Thursday for us! Fully occupied with works and given an opportunity for new clients and time to just snore! ( I still want to watch Barfi! again :'() 

No comments:

Post a Comment