Pages

Sunday 23 September 2012

Personal Photography : STUDY time!

Okay! Today, I'm quite proud of my innocent face that made people seriously believe that I'm really innocent. Congratulation for Mr. Grumpy whom for the first time went into photography workshop and today's topic is "street hunting photography". Of course I came along but like usual, I'm not bringing the SLR camera. Seriously, I want to master my NEX-7 & I still have bunch of problems with moving subject but getting better and better of course and so does in focusing. Both of us woke up early in the morning around 7.30'ish ( Grumpy was overjoyed while I'm still sleepy but wanted to hunt too - curiosity :p) and the meeting was at the photographer cafe at Kota Tua at 9'ish. The mentor came late and  we were waiting for the other photographers for almost an hour. But the funny thing is that, the other participants were actually already behind of us waiting for the mentor as well LOL! So we wasted for almost an hour for nothing basically! 3 women (4 included me) and 2 men, small group but I guess that is where the learning became effective and the mentor's attentions won't be that diverted anyway.

What an experience I had today (amazing one I'm telling you) as we started the photo-hunting by took a train at Station Kota ( old city's station) to Jayakarta! oh boy, this is my first experience ever of using train in Jakarta and surprisingly it made me feel like I'm using an old train in Sydney and it's not that bad anyway or maybe because today is sunday and people tends to just being couch potato :D! And the topic of "Street hunting" is merely not taking picture of human interest but more into understanding the B&W concept as well as panning which is good i think! He also taught about balancing black & white images and told everyone to shot at Monochrome. 

Btw, I wasn't really participating in the workshop more like roaming around accompanied Mr. Grumpy in case he didn't understand or have trouble with translation, so you know just became his secretary. But I did shot Black & White photos with my Sony and gosh, I'm loving my mini cooper, NEX-7!, ♥ so much! I listened to what the mentor said, tried to follow my best with my dearest baby but I expected nothing though! I just saw what they were doing and tried to understand it so you know basically, I was just taking the photos in B & W mode but for no purpose! took photos of whichever pleased my eyes :p!


And done at this place, we continued to take the photos at the Old Station which I decided to just sit and be a good girl. I was a bit hungry ( very :p) and they spent around an hour or so, took the same photos kind of concept and I wonder what made them stay that long. Even I saw Mr. Grumpy on his finest position for photo shoot for long, i wonder shouldn't he changed the angle? LOL! And I actually enjoyed the art of doing nothing, because I saw Grumpy's happy and curious face but I'm more into wondering what on earth were they doing or tried to achieve :p!!
WAIT! while they were busy, the kids who were waiting for their train occupied me fully and GOD bless each of them. They are so much in love with me taking their photos and yes, all of them keep posing for me and told me to capture their photos! It happened at the station as well as in the train. I guess, I'm just meant to be Kids' photographer as there's something about me and my aura which attract them! Seriously speaking, kid loves to play with mr. Grumpy BUT not with me! With me, all they wanted is just pose, pose, and pose but NOT playing!! 


DONE! These are the photos I took from the workshop, unedited not even slight retouched, totally pure. Quite proud but there are just still more experiences of using NEX-7 especially with moving subject! well, let;s hearsay yours comment about these photos :-)

Alright for today's lesson, i learn that we should never STOP learning when we know what we love and would like to do for living. No matter how famous your business are, learning from others are mandatory. Some may not good in sharing their experiences but  you must share yours. I do share my experiences and help them with tips even whether it's about photography or other important stuff they need an option off. Although I'm not into the workshop but I also got my lesson somehow, i learnt about B&W composition and also learnt about my Sony's even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment