Pages

Thursday 26 December 2013

Movie Review : 47 Ronin


We LOVE it! Mr. Gwumpieh didn't expect the movie to be this good, but well, as I saw the reviews from my friends and from IMDB, I won't mind to watch! This maybe my most favorite film of Keanu and gosh, If only, he was the one who did the Last Samurai, how awesome would the movie even be.

Ronin is samurai without a master so does that clear out the whole story? Basically, their master is killed due to one who wanted to take the empire and he was being poisoned by a witch. And these 46 Ronin and that later the outsider is fully considered as a Ronin, did a rebellion one year before their master's daughter wedding. The story is obviously predictable from the first 15 minutes or less, but it's the making of the movie that made it great.

The beautiful sceneries of Japan that we haven't seen or barely seen yet which I thought it's much more beautiful than the Hobbit's settings. Then the ways the movie is directed and narrated is just flawless. The actions are pretty good, just as how I wanted them to be although it could have been added a little more cruelty as you know how fearless samurai's were. But everything is just balanced and it's entertaining enough. It gets you excited and wants to see the fighting scenes more and deeper. 

IMDB rated as 7/10, but I truly enjoyed the movie and won't be mind to watch it again; so I give it 8.5/10. At one moment, you would be distracted by the fights, but the sceneries made you just wanted to go there right at that moment; it's beautifully done. It's been a while since I watched a good action movie especially throughout 2013! So 47 Ronin will be one of my 2013 action's movie favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment