Pages

Sunday 19 May 2013

Food Review : De Mingle

We saw this Indo-Dutch Bistro restaurant at west Jakarta next to Food Hall's building. Their Address is at : Jl. Raya Pejuangan Kav.12A Unit C and I'm pretty sure I'll be coming back to this restaurant again. As their name is bistro and I like their Interior as well, really make you feel comfortable but personally, a little to small for birthday party(unless they are resetting everything). However, once you landed your feet inside of this restaurant, you could feel the homey environment. Their staff is also very friendly, helpful and fast too. They are quite fast in responding which is rare to find lately! Good hospitality and environment I must say. 

As for the food, me and mom was sharing everything though and our main menu was this Beef Gelatin as one of their specializations too. The truth, I don't remember the name at all as mom was ordering the whole things. Yes, mom really loves Dutch food a lot and she brought me to couple of Dutch restaurants, but I must say, this one is surely my most favorite ones. It fits my taste though. The salad she ordered is nothing wow, but somehow, it taste good - combination of eggs, apples, etcs with Thousand Island's dressing. I'm not sure what's so wow about it but we like it. It's really good for appetizer though. Then another appetizer we ordered is (if I'm not mistaken) called " De Mingle's platter". I'm not exactly remember the name but the word platter is surely there in the menu. It consists of fish & chips , fries, bitterballen and rissoles. My mom likes the fish & chips while I go for bitterballen but for me, their Rissoles is too oily. Overall, for the price of 49,000 IDR, the platter is surely worth it though. 

For the Main menu as I said earlier, I chose their Beef Gelatin and it's yummy! Do ask for more sauce and enjoy your beef and mashed potatoes. Not lots of restaurants can make a good mashed potatoes in Jakarta. I shared this two stack of beef with mom and we couldn't get stop eating them so yes, for 69,000 IDR, there's nothing to be complained about. Definitely RECOMMENDED for this one.
Oh yeah mom also ordered the bourbon (red bean) soup with beef at the last minute. She said it wasn't that good but not that bad too, average taste but yet she still finished all of them with happy face LOL. Then, the famous dutch desert, Porfejes and of course I'm not going to miss this one. It's just made you feel like you have been in "dutch restaurant" :p! The only thing I don't like is the cinnamon. If only they hadn't put it, I would just really love this a lot ha-ha-ha-ha! Yeah, I don't like Cinammon but ignore that comment, this one is well made too and If I'm not mistaken it costs around 35,000 IDR.
Well oh well, at the end of the day, we were really satisfied and totally would be coming back here again. The food is really good , the place is really cosy (good for hang out / meeting), and the value also reasonable enough. For the total 5 food, we spent about 300,000 - 320,000 IDR with 2 mineral water and 1 ice-tea as for the drinks. So it does worth it and we are truly will be recommending this restaurant. Quite looking forward on the 2nd visit and going to try different menu, quite curious on how other taste but we are satisfied with what we ordered. Go and try it everyone , totally recommended to you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment