Pages

Wednesday 30 January 2013

MOVIE REVIEW : the Last Stand & Race 2



What a movie and it's totally beyond my expectation. I heard about his latest movie, wanted to watch but haven't really pay attention enough towards the trailer. Was randomly checked the cinema's website and found it THE LAST STAND is out already and Grumpy was too eager to watch. I didn't expect anything much toward this movie but I ended up loving it. The movie went quite slow but as it got into the middle where the chasing were more thrilling, the movie becomes quite entertaining. One time movie for me for me but it's not because I didn't like it but its more like I won't be bother watching twice, that's all. I like, love but not favorite, that's how I supposed to describe. I'm sure lots of people are looking forward to watch him back in actions (even i do) but I guess for the "full coming back" welcoming performance, he did great. IMDB gives a high rank for 7.2 and as for me, I give it 8.5/10. Yeah, see, how much I really adore the movie :)

Basically, the LAST STAND is a very simple story about chasing the number one King of drug named Cortez, who got escaped before got transferred to his new prison. His plan is to get into Mexico by building bridge from Summerton Junction. Well, FBI couldn't stopped Cortez with his spectacular car runs in 200MPH until they contacted the local's sheriff at Summerton which of course Sheriff Owens, Arnold Schwarzenegger, in charged. No more telling you, better just watch because this movie has NO twisted story and I don't want to spoil anything.

The movie is really entertaining, full well-packed of actions and of course some jokes in between. I've to say the storyline is quite usual and Forest Whitaker is totally crap in this movie; something is just not right in his performance, moreover he doesn't fit for the role. The actions are thumbs up, totally enjoyed a lot not too brutal I guess (not in my eyes :p)! Some random jokes to lighten the movie done by Luis Guzman. My opinion about Mr. Arnold's performance and that's "Cool Grandpa back in action!" As you know he is quite expressionless but this cool attitude and rough face with not much dialogue is what made this kind of movie suits him. The way he talks and everything is just like when he was at Terminator. I mean no offense but I'm pretty sure you'll be getting the same kind of impression after you see the last few scenes when he fights alone ha-ha-ha-ha! Cool Grandpa with Awesome Actions and Full of Awesome Gun Toys ha-haha-ha!




Whether it's the 1st or the 2nd, I still can't love this movie. What kind of "genre" is the movie carrying? Action? but where are the actions except the last few scenes. Drama? but somehow the way its being made portrayed more into action with tons of talking. You know like those Oceans 13's kind of movie but this one has NO TWIST in the movie. Okay, I understand the part where they want to make it as unpredictable kinds of movie but it's really so predictable. So I checked IMDB and it includes as Thriller but I didn't get the feeling at all! Anyway, it's a story of Ranvir Singh's revenges Armaan Malik who have sent a killer to kill his wife and unborn baby when they were at car. Basically, the directors, Abbas-Mustan is twisted the story in the middle where some will be at Ranvir's side, others at Armaan's or playing at both but nothing confused me. 


The truth : the actors and actresses are done their best but the upbringing of the movie is just doh! The movie bore me a lot and too much talking. It's so drama actually but the upbeat songs are quite addictive. I don't think they should tried to outsmart themselves with the story because it's really crap. If only the movie is really simple and MORE actions, MORE RACE, then it'll be awesome. Saw one of my friend's review and he said it's one-time movie and I'm totally agree. It's not even worth watching but their ads will make you even tempted LOL. 3.5/10 is my rank as I don't expected to be that boring and monotone. It has no climax at all throughout the whole movie is just flat except the scene where Aarman Malik wrestles, that's all about it. The rest, oh dear H to the E - HORRIBLE and I prefer the first one :)



No comments:

Post a Comment