Pages

Friday 18 January 2013

FLOOD STORY : DAY 1 - DAY 3

In case you haven't heard or see the news about Jakarta's Flood then let me tell you briefly about it. So it started on Wednesday with heavy rains, some areas got flooded but not too badly, some were just free from the flood. But heavy rains with continuous thunderstorms that may frighten lots of people not just the sound but when you saw them through your windows, it's kinda like between "super scary or super cool". In my case, it doesn't change me much I still sleep as awesome as I always do and found it OMG so cool! Yeah, sounds lame right, but I knew it frighten most of people as it was just like those in the movie and the sky was super dark! Lately, I'm a big fan of using the word super, so bare with the super in most of the sentence, super right?

As I woke up super late (was busy finishing The Falling Skies's series session 1), I opened my window and I didn't find anything surprising. I mean it's normal view in my eyes whenever the heavy rains poured throughout the whole night/day. Even for just 2 or 3 hours of heavy raining, my area would be flooded, so this kind of look (as you see the first and 2nd pic) doesn't amazed me. But what sadden me the most is the electricity! It's off and both of my phone batteries are in total crisis, so yes, it made me super worry. And fool me, even I knew the electricity wouldn't be turned on yet I kept counting hours, hoping it would be later at night even for just an hour. But wednesday was just unproductive day for me but made me felt lots better as all I slept throughout the whole day, woke up for an hour or less for food then slept again. The rain became heavier at night and I couldn't sleep not because I was scared but because I wanted to charge my phones so badly and the weather was actually HOT even its raining! Weird, hey! 

THE FIRST day of FLOOD ( Wednesday, 16th January)


The 2nd Day , THURSDAY

"WOKE UP WOKE UP" my maid shook my right leg like she always did and shocked me. I just had my nice sleep around 3 or 4am and she woke me up around 7.30am. "The water got into the house" and with my grumpy and shocked face I was like "so?" I hate it the most when someone disturbed my sleeping regardless who as for me sleeping is super precious! So I went down to take a look with no surprising face like always. How could I surprised? it happened back in 2008 but this time, I felt the water got into the house faster than previous. I still look around in front of my house and ignored the flood. Then I sat for like 10 or 15 minutes staring at outside and the water evaporated from inside and gosh, now the water came even more and fast. I told my parents to evacuate as this time the water flew a lot faster and higher than previous time but they just ignored me.

The 2nd day, I decided to just get out from the house as we needed to buy things for our supply. The electricity is of course still turned off but the water were rising so fast + the heavy raining came often. You could see tons of Boats roaming here and there, few are used for private uses and the rests are for rented , well the locals took the advantage from it! The kids were gone insane, playing with the water like they never saw that much water ever. Mr. Gwumpieh and My driver came to take a look at my private beach and of course to pick me up with the wooden boat! (sorry forgot to capture)

 





And the crazy thing about the 2nd day of the flood is that MY PARENTS still insisted to STAY! I tried my best to push them to go away yet they didn't believe me anyway. I just got this feeling, this one will be worst and better to evacuate. Back in 2008, I felt like moving out but didn't really want to go as much as this time and I was super right anyway! So with my Grumpy face, totally pissed off and tried to save my phone battery as much as I could, I ended the night by waking up each time the heavy rains started. Oh my parents shifted to the upper floor and just like me, my mom couldn't sleep and kept waking up whenever the rains started too #LOL!  

DAY 3 - FINALLY!

 I'm not sure what got into their minds, it's either they sick of seeing me got pissed off and cranky all the time or they got a strong feeling it's the time to MOVE out! Everyone (families and friends) got so much worried with us and offered their places for us to hop in which we were really so thankful and blessed even. I ignored them in the morning for the sake of their safety and when I stopped asking whether they wanted to move or no, they decided to help themselves, thank GOD! Mom started to call hotels since we heard that our apartment's area is flooded but somehow, we decided to just check the place first and the right decision we made. HAPPY JOYFUL FRIDAY for me it was when my dad decided to say YES to one of our families which offered us their boat service. We were ready to go and they were super excited more than I do and I knew they felt so relieved. That's how high the water level before we left our house and maid. Although it wasn't much differences than yesterday but it's still high enough especially outside the house. Yeah, we lifted those chairs

The best thing about friday is their journey to go into our apartment was such fun journey for them I'm sure ha-ha-ha! FOR the first time, they used the boat and they were so scared knowing they are quite old but I have faith they will get through it anyway. They scared because of their own "wandering mind"but I knew despite them getting scared floating in the small boat, deep inside their heart, they felt so relieved because the FLOOD was super horrible. Look at these two pictures, how adorable they are. Despite they scared, but they were hanging on each other! There's always be first for everything but getting through together with the best one, ease the fears and gain the strength to be strong :D




Done with the boat trip, they had to use Bajaj which is a traditional 3 wheelers made in India but also being used in Indonesia. Me and mom did use them back in the 90's but due to heavy pollution, humid weather, we barely used that. For my mom, it had been forever since the last time she used it and as for my dad, I think it was his first time ever as we could see how nervous and worried he was! Mom seems to enjoy the ride while dad was just holding into the steel as hard he could while me had fun riding with the bike (ojek) ha-ha-ha! No taxi wanted to go to our area as the flood is just too high so you could only either use Ojek or Bajaj and beside that both of them couldn't walk far especially dad. Took around an hour or two throughout the whole journey but well i gave them new experience which I found it amusing! At least they saw what I saw that we needed to escape as other elders are also evacuated!

Okay! so basically now we are living in safe place, our apartment. The place isn't too big but quite comfy at least electricity is working, water is flowing (even it's small) and food and drink are fully easy to access. Thank the LORD, Mr. Grumpy and My driver who have been very helpful and of course my maids who are super tired of cleaning the house and taking are of our house even themselves are scared of the water inside of the house =)

No comments:

Post a Comment