Pages

Wednesday 23 January 2013

Movie Review : Hansel and Gretel , Les Miserables, Now is Good

It's great to be able to catch the latest movies especially after the messy flood attacks. We sneaked out in our hectic hours and especially, its been a while since we went for movie date. So yeah, watching two movies in a week is more than enough entertainment for us. Time to concentrate work and rushing them more. We watched these movies in different day but I felt like write everything under one name. 

------------------------------------


"Look down, look down, don't look them in the eye! Look down, look down, you're here until you die!" a song that you'll heard from the first scene that will definitely take your breath away. It isn't just the song but the expressions, the awesome performances and of course the cinematography too. Finally, we watched Les Misérables and it was such right decision for me but not-so-right for Mr. Gwumpieh. Right from the first scene, the movie has taken my heart and full attentions away. I was actually looking forward to see this movie knowing there are two of my favorite actors : Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe and some others amazing actresses and actors too. I know you would be expecting much more of the movie once you saw the trailer especially "more actions" instead talks but this movie is beyond my expectation. The way they made it and the actors and actresses performances made it perfect! They chose the right people for the right movie which is rare to find nowadays. I ranked them 9.5/10 and I do aware it's musical movie but what I didn't except it's music all-the-way until the end.  Sad enough that lots of people were getting bored when they watched this 3 hours movie and I could heard some of them yawned. Even Mr. Gwumpieh was too bored and acting silly throughout the movie. He likes it but not loves it and definitely not as he expected despite it's awesomely produced. I do expected lots of actions but I couldn't take my eyes off from the screen, it's really grabbed my full attentions.




So we were supposed to watch Jack Reacher but once I saw Hansel and Gretel : The witch Hunter is out, I ditched Jack Reacher. I'm not huge fans of Tom Cruise neither I like his movie apart from Mission Impossible so yeah, let's see my new favorite actor who's totally dashing : Jeremy Renner. The story, I don't need to tell much right? Witch hunter and Hansel and Gretel, we know their tale anyway. So brother and sister becomes the witch hunters ever since they killed a witch for the first time, burnt into fire. Okay, if you see their relationship; it's more like lover instead of brother and sister. Somehow it senses like that in my eyes! Gretel was shown as so powerful woman at first, but later, she seemed to be very weak. The first 20 minutes will made you think this movie is so gonna be awesome but somehow, it's too monotone, bore you at the end. 

Of course for almost an hour I found it cool with unstoppable actions but I know, I won't be loving this movie as much as I wanted to. There's something missing since the first scene and that's the movie's flow is really fast. Super fast, you may called it that made this movie become so ordinary; just another slaughter movies. It have left no impression for me, just really an ordinary movie. I understand the actions, the brutalities and slaughters are the ones they concentrate the most to pump up the viewers' adrenaline but for me, it's more than that. It's really fast in changing scenes and made the movie look quite a mess. IMO, if you aren't too eager, wait until DVD. DVD is enough knowing it's ONE TIME watch movie and buying DVD do more wonder. Overall, It's good but not great and I rated 6.5/10. It's more like ONE time movie only and DVD shall do the wonder I guess. Nothing wow and this is my two cents. The actions are totally good, but the movie has no twist in it nor some highlight scenes. Definitely looking forward for the sequel which I know I'm going to watch though!






While working, I decided to watch Dakota Fanning's new movie called "Now Is Good". Basically, the story is about a dying girl with leukemia name Tessa with her "lists" want to do before she died and have a-cancer-obsessed dad. The movie is really slow but it's being made so simple. Simplicity has always made everything look much better but not for this movie. It's a way too draggy and "A walk to remember" is a lot better. Nothing memorable and quite boring also. The relationship between her and the guy, her and family is too flat; it would had been better if they were closer to her. The romance is not sweet enough or make yo go awww! The friendship with her only friend is unclear! It's more like a random stranger she met for having great time. They should make it more bonding and closer. And Tessa with her family is just doh! They are meant to be closer to her but in the movie, they don't care much about each other especially her mom (oh disaster). 

Harsh but, a FLOP this movie is in my eyes. The movie supposedly touched my heart and made me cried but instead, it made me bored and even not worth for my time. The movie looks like cheap budget movie and really, Tessa is dying but her relationships with others and others relationship towards her has no strong bond nor love (except her dad). I rate 3,5/10, harsh, right.

No comments:

Post a Comment