Pages

Sunday 17 March 2013

Jailolo, I'm Coming!"


"Jailolo, I'm Coming!" Blog Contest yang diselenggarakan oleh Festival Teluk Jailolo dan Wego Indonesia" 

When I was checking out wego's facebook page and saw the "Festival Teluk Jailolo", it got me wondered and asked Mr. Google. The name is rather unfamiliar and my photographer’s friends haven’t talk about it. I checked Mr. Google's images and ended up with "wow", a must to capture their festival with my better-half". Of course, who doesn't want to show to the world, for a place that is still unheard or discovered by many and the best about it? It's in Indonesia!

One of the reasons of wanting to see and capture this festival is to show the world about the beauty of Indonesia other than Bali, Bromo and Komodo Island. There are tons of awesome places in Indonesia and yet they didn't get a chance to be locally or internationally known. And seeing what I’ve seen in Google, I’m sure that by the time of next year, this festival would be flooded with photographers and travellers as it’ll make them even more curious when they see the awesome images produces by this year photo-shoots!

Another reason is although I’m an Indonesian but I haven’t gotten any chance to capture any Indonesian’s traditional festivals. So imagine how super excited I will be and of course, I’m hoping my fiancé to come along because captures great human-interest photos while I’m more into capturing events. Just imagine on how powerful our images will be when we combine our photos and promote them.

Picture speaks louder” that is how I'll promote Jailolo publicly. The sharing’s button in Facebook (or any social media) will be one of the tools I’ll be using – shared my images with simple captions and posting my images into some photography’s communities. Online promotion reaches local and international target market. Although it may not reach a specific target market but it will be a good way to brand the place, which is a win-win solution too. As we all know by doing TV commercials and newspapers ads we would be spending hundreds and hundreds of millions, perhaps half-billions or more! 

Radio commercial is good but remember, once people talk about the place, those radio DJs will eventually “mentioned and discussed” the place. Simply, it means free promotion. Yes, you can invite some famous radio DJs, photographers (or the rising ones) and bloggers to experience the place. And another way to promote is to put the images into some photography’ exhibitions and many more.

Well, I’m giving very simple and effective advertising methods because we are promoting a place not a service. For promoting a place, picture speaks louder and more influential than words. Once they get “aw” by the photos, eventually, they will be seeking information and promoting the place through words even by means they haven’t been there yet. This is a very simple, inexpensive and accurate promotion for promoting a new place as Facebook, bloggers, and exhibitions do the wonder.


No comments:

Post a Comment